Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas

Sunday in Young Women's, we watched the video of Christ's birth. After watching it, the teacher shared her thoughts about the Christmas story in a way that I hadn't quite heard before and it really struck a chord with me. She asked a very simple question "What about Mary?"

I had been having the same thought. In nine short weeks, I'll be giving birth in a hospital, surrounded by a team of doctors and wonderful medical care. And I'm still terrified. As I watched the video, I saw the stable and the manager with new eyes. I heard the flies buzzing around and looked at how dirty it was and thought about how alone she was to go through this ordeal.

What great faith Mary showed. She put her complete trust in Heavenly Father that the delivery would go well and that the Son of God would be born unto her. No where do we read a verse "And Mary complaineth." She turned her will over to the Father and led where he would have her go.

What a beautiful example to me of how we should all strive to be. To let go of what we might think or want and trust that the Lord will guide us and all will be well. As we celebrate the holiday season and the birth of our Savior, may we all have as great faith as Mary - no complaints, just rejoicing in Good Tidings of Great Joy.


Merry Christmas to all of you, with all our love.



No comments:

Post a Comment