Tuesday, October 30, 2012

23 weeks


How Far Along: 23 weeks
Size of the Baby: the size of a large mango (can't eat this one, karina!), 11.5 inches, 1.1 lb
Weight gain/loss: after Hawaii? Probably gain :) It's hard to tell with all the swelling the flight caused
Sleep: I slept SO GOOD in Hawaii. It was awesome. I think that bed was just way more comfortable. I slept very deeply and woke up early feeling refreshed, except for one night I had a terrible nightmare (don't remember it now, though). Since getting home, I'm having trouble sleeping again. Since I can't sleep on my back or stomach, I end up on my sides, but I think it's putting too much pressure on my shoulders because I wake up with some weird aches and pains :-\
Best Moment of the Week: Well, we were in Hawaii! They're all good moments. It was such a wonderful way to celebrate our marriage and a great last hoorah before baby comes.

Movement: I got my wish! Little one will no longer hold still. Kick, kick, kick all the time. So much kicking. Some of these kicks are well-aimed and I will instantly need to go to the restroom. Some feel like cute little nudges and wiggles, but some are sharp and make me jump! Other people are now able to feel them, too. Hans has gotten to feel a bunch and I love watching his face while he feels the baby moving. At some Halloween events this weekend, several of my friends and a few of my young women got to feel movement. And little one has even woken me up two mornings! It seems that's when baby is most active and will just kick away until there's no use trying to sleep anymore. I got to say, it's not the most comfortable, but I still find it comforting because I know that baby is strong and growing and that makes me happy.
Symptoms: Most have actually died down, which is nice. Still have crazy awful heartburn, but this is the new normal. I have to go to the bathroom every five minutes. It's ridiculous. And I've gotten a few charley horses, which are always fun! I did get super nauseous one night in Hawaii and had to go lie down in the car while Hans, Karl and Christina had dinner. Haven't had morning sickness like that in a while... fortunately I was able to sleep it off and felt fine the next day.
Food Cravings: Onion rings, pineapple, banana bread, milk
Gender: a surprise! I love when people ask "What are you having?" I just answer "A baby!"
Belly Button in or out: In, but stretching...
Anything making you queasy or sick: Refried beans, salsa, flying, I think the heartburn is causing a lot of nausea.
Labor Signs: None
Wedding ring on or off: Well, off, but only because I don't travel with my ring. I have a fakey from Macy's that I wear for traveling.
What I miss: Still really missing sandwiches, especially roast beef. In Hawaii, I really missed being able to eat fish, too. That was hard - they have so many seafood options there! Every place we went had amazing looking fish, lobster, crab and shrimp dishes. I had Mahi Mahi one night (Amazing!) but that was it. I want to go back when I can eat as much seafood as I want.
What I am looking forward to: Oh, I'm not sure! I've been looking forward to this trip for so long that now that we're back, I'm just trying to adjust. I am, however, looking forward to cooler weather and the holidays. It's a wonderful time to be pregnant - It's not as hot (seriously, I don't know how women do the third trimester during a Texas summer...) and I like that all the holiday festivities and preparations keep me distracted and help pass the time so I don't sit here going "Ok, 23 weeks 1 day pregnant... 23 weeks 2 days pregnant... 23 weeks... oh, nope, still two days."
Nursery: We've been gone... soooo.... nothing. :) We plan to put up crown molding this week and then I'll do a halfway-there type blog post about it. And we really need to order a crib.... it's on my to-do list.
Emotions: Pretty euphoric. Can't feel too bad when you're in paradise :)
Stupid things I have done: Mmm.... probably either the hiking Waimea Canyon or the climb to Queen's Bath would both qualify as stupid. Also, on our first day at the beach I didn't account for my swollen belly enough where sunscreen was concerned and ended up with a little burn strip right across my baby bump. Oops!

1 comment:

  1. hahahaha Aaron and I are dying. Thank you hun! You look so good. Miss you and your pretty face! Kick away little one!!

    ReplyDelete