Wednesday, October 3, 2012

19 Weeks


How Far Along: 19 weeks, 3 days
Size of the Baby: Heirloom Tomato, 6 inches, 8.5 ounces
Weight gain/loss: I'll know Friday, but I feel like I'm just retaining a ton of water.
Sleep: I'm back to being exhausted. Could just be allergies though, or all the activity over the weekend. I did have a CRAZY dream the other night! I dreamt that I was trying on a bathing suit and there was this weird little bump on my tummy, almost like an outtie belly button right next to my real belly button. I leaned in close to see what it was and it was moving. It was really really a small bump, like a big mosquito bite or something, but when I looked really closely I could see that it was the baby's foot. I could count toes and everything. It didn't hurt, but I was worried that it couldn't be good for the baby to be that far toward the outside of my body. It kinda looked like my belly was a balloon and the baby's foot was stretching the balloon. All that was keeping the baby from the outside world was just this thin, balloon-looking membrane. It was crazy weird.
Best Moment of the Week: Well as you saw from my last post, we had a pretty great week. Mike and Nicole's wedding was fantastic, as was Ryan's blessing. I got really excited thinking about when Hans will bless our baby. But another highlight of the week, for me (don't laugh!) involved a shopping trip. Austin's maternity clothes selection kinda blows. The Woodlands, on the other hand, has a great Old Navy Maternity section and a whole Gap Maternity store (Jealous!) Last time we were in the Woods, when Ryan was born, I tried on some jeans at Gap. Now if you know me, you know I hate jeans. I haven't worn them in probably close to a year. But I tried a pair and to my great surprise, loved them. And wanted them.... until I saw the $70 price tag. Are you kidding me? I'm not paying that much for jeans. Ever. No. So I've been looking forward to this trip with the express purpose of going back there and trying to get them on sale. I've been watching them online (which doesn't have my size, of course) and saw that they were listed for $48. Still a bit more than I'd like, but I'd do it. Then I got an email last week saying that if I used my Gap card, I could save additional 30%. Woot! I'll do that. But when we got to the store, we found them on the clearance rack.... and clearance was all an additional 40% off. Final price for my beloved jeans? $20. So by waiting just one month, I saved $50 and got a pair of jeans I loved! I was super stoked about my great deal. The only drawback was that they only had one pair in my size, otherwise I probably would have gotten another pair.

Movement: Nope. Nada. :sigh:
Symptoms: Heartburn has been worse than normal, and nausea is making a slight come back this week. That's fun. I've also had some bad cramping in my calves and feet. I could do without that, too.
Food Cravings: still no appetite. sometimes I really want orange juice. oh! I did crave a kolache last Friday. I like those kind of cravings.
Gender: Team Green, though I'll admit for the first time I'm feeling some curiosity.
Belly Button in or out:  In
Anything making you queasy or sick:  Mmmm.... no? I don't think so. Just general queasiness, but doesn't seem to be tied to anything. It's definitely worse in the car, which is fun for those three hour trips to Houston.
Labor Signs: No, thank goodness! I have this app on my phone that has a community forum where you can talk to other pregnant ladies who are due the same month as you. Over the weekend, two girls from the Feb. 2013 board gave birth, which totally freaked me out. Unfortunately, but as you'd probably suspect, none of the babies survived (a girl and twin boys), which is so sad. I was just shocked that people from my month are having their babies already and very grateful that I am having no labor signs whatsoever.
Wedding ring on or off: On.
What I miss: Motivation. I feel like since I've been pregnant I just don't have the energy to do any of the things that I used to do. I'm able to go on walks every day, but I don't really feel up to going back to the gym, and certainly not back to my normal workouts. And I don't find that I have the energy to cook or bake like I used to, which I kinda miss. I feel just a little too lethargic and unmotivated, but it makes me feel like I'm just a lump these days.
What I am looking forward to: Our anatomical ultrasound is this Friday. I'm really excited about seeing little one because we haven't seen him/her in 10 weeks, but I am also a little nervous for this appointment. Send some prayers our way, please :)
Nursery: Trim is painted, chair rail is on, paint has been touched up! Hans has a little more caulking to do tonight on the baseboards and then we're going to move in the glider and ottoman and FINALLY assemble the dresser we bought a while back.
Emotions:  Very anxious. Appointment week is always that way. And pretty emotional. Cried at the wedding. Sobbed during the baby blessing. Cried a couple more times. Today I just feel kinda funky... just not myself. Just feel very emotional this week.
Stupid things I have done: This may the first week I can't come up with anything. Woot, go me!

2 comments:

  1. That is a steal on those jeans! What a treasure find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post. I was craving OJ and still am to a certain extent. If it's a liquid i want it. ha Just don't drink it first thing in the morning without any breakfast. Learned that the hard way. Your ultrasound will go great. They really are the best and I am excited to hear how it goes. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete