Saturday, December 12, 2009

Hans has a new job!

The time has come for me to leave the bowling alley. It's treated me pretty well. It gave me plenty of time to study and it paid decently for a campus job. Plus, it gave me all the free bowling I could handle, which let's face it, is a lot.

It wasn't cutting it anymore though, so I began to look for other work. I spoke to my friend Adam about a week ago concerning any openings at his job. He works for a company called ebQuickstart and loves it. It felt like a long shot, because I haven't graduated yet and won't be able to work full time until the summer, but I was getting desperate. I had my interview on Thursday with the CEO of the company and he must have like something because he offered me the job that same day!

I'm incredibly excited!

The high unemployment rate and especially the number of college graduates who can't find work right out of school seems to be the only thing I've been hearing lately. I feel so blessed that I now have a job that I can be proud of and that will help me support my wife and this new marriage.

And the timing couldn't have been more perfect! As most of you know, my mustang is out of commission and Erika's Civic is totaled. School starts up in late January and there is no way that we can get around without two cars. That means we were going to have to get two new cars within a month. We would have been stretched very thin if we were able to afford it at all. This new job will give us the ability to get the cars we need to get to work and school.

Needless to say, the Lord has had a hand in my life lately. I know that I don't deserve it but am humbled and eternally grateful for all that has been given to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment