Saturday, December 12, 2009

Great date night!

Today was such a great day. We ran some errands during the day (including cleaning out the Yellow House - sad!). But this evening we met Adam and Mandy Krutsinger at the temple in San Antonio.


We decided to do sealings and initiatories since no one but Adam has done them, aside from our own. The Sealer was Bro. Francis Burton who actually sealed Hans and I. He's a really neat man and tells great stories. He used to be a surgeon, so he encorporates a lot of that into what he's trying to say about the Gospel. Mostly, he's just adorable and sweet and always has a smile on his face. It made me really happy.

After that, Mandy and I each were able to do five names for initiatories. The guys did three names each from Molly Lewis' family names (go Molly!). I'm always really interested in where the women are from and when. Tonight was really special in that all five of my women were from Spain in the 1560s-80s. I've never had names so old before and that was really special.

When we were done at the temple, we decided to go to the Cheesecake Factory (about 15 minutes from the temple) for dinner. It's one of Mandy's favorites and the only one in Austin is on the opposite side of town from where we live. The food was amazing!! Mandy and I both got the pumpkin cheesecake for dessert and it was incredible.

A simple evening, but full of the spirit and great food and laughs with dear friends. I wish all nights could be like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment