Friday, July 29, 2011

Front door wreath

After our front door face lift a few weeks ago, I thought it looked kind of sad and lonely. I kept seeing beautiful wreaths popping up all over Pinterest, so I thought I'd give it a try! And I love it. It was a great weeknight project, and so easy even this dummy could do it.

What you need:
1 grapevine wreath ($2.50 at Hobby Lobby)
Acrylic paint (Delta, $.49 at Michaels)
Four flowers (Mine are mums, I think, $2 each at Hobby Lobby)
Roll of wired ribbon ($3.99 at Michaels)
2" wooden numbers ($.99 each at Michaels)
Hot glue
Floral wire



It's kinda a no-brainer to put together and I feel silly even writing directions. Slap some paint on those numbers. Hot glue them onto the wreath. Pull the flower buds off the stems. Hot glue onto the wreath. Make a big bow with the floral ribbon (mine had five loops) and securing to the wreath with floral wire (or in my case, a bread bag tie).



Not to tough, huh? I think the flower/color combinations are endless and I think my friends who buy houses will be getting these from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment