Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Baked goat milk brie

I've always been a big brie fan. But I've never tried preparing it. Just stuck my whole face in it.
Then I came across this beautiful little recipe from Eat, Live, Run. So simple. So mouth-watering. And so easy.

Here's what you need.
1 wheel goat milk brie (about 4.4 oz)
Phyllo dough
Olive oil
2 Tablespoons dark brown sugar
Almonds

Lay about six sheets of the phyllo dough in a stack on a cookie sheet. Lightly brush the whole surface with olive oil. Place the brie in the middle.
Top with the brown sugar. After I ate it, I realized it would have been good to put some in a circle around the brie, right on the phyllo dough. There were bites where I didn't get much brown sugar and I think it would have helped to have it on the sides, too.
In any event, no matter. Starting with one corner, fold the phyllo dough on top of the cheese, working your way around. Brush with some more olive oil to hold it in place. Top with the almonds.
Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes, or until the almonds are golden and the cheese gooey. We ate ours as a sort of picnic dinner with crackers, a good loaf of french bread, and some strawberries and apples. It would make a yummy appetizer as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment