Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Kaeng Raeng adventure

Today is Day One of my Kaeng Raeng adventure.

You may remember that I mentioned Kaeng Raeng a few weeks ago. It's a body cleanse and detox program that I ordered offline. My friend Lindsay started the company and I wanted to try it out. I figure, she looks amazing, so it must work. Oliver decided to try it before me and that was a whole big mess.

So I don't get to do the whole three days of the program because Bad Puppy ate one of the days' worth. Instead, I'll do two days of drinking Kaeng Raeng's real fruit, gluten free, vegan diet shakes, one for each meal. What I like about the program is that it's not a total liquid diet - I get to supplement the shakes with raw fruits and veggies. That means the little cooler right next to me is current stocked with celery, carrots, and nectarines.

I started the day with a Reunn, a strawberry raspberry pineapple flavor. Lindsay's website lists different recipes for preparing the shakes - I stuck mine in a blender with ice, strawberries, and lemonade.

My first impression was that it tasted pretty good! It was slightly watery, but didn't taste gritty. And one packet makes a huge serving! It took me a good half hour to finish off the batch and actually, I cheated and left half a glass.

It felt surprisingly filling. I was able to do a short workout without feeling lack of energy.

However, by the time I got to work at 4, I was starving. I mean, ready-to-eat-cardboard starving. I nibbled on carrots and celery, but that didn't satisfy me. I felt.... sloshy (for lack of a better word) inside, from having just liquids in there. I started fantasizing about food - mmmm... Chick-fil-a, P.F. Changs, Chipotle, even fried corn from Dirty Martin's (haven't fantasized about that one in a while!)

While I tried to coax Hans to bring me a burrito, he convinced me that I really want to go through with this. Cursing him, I started in on shake number 2 - Mango Peace Pineapple blended with orange juice. Surprisingly, I'm only halfway done with it and feel full.

I don't know how people do this for six days. I'll be lucky if I have the willpower to go two (i'm such a wimp!) But I know that I do feel good - healthy - and I feel like my stomach doesn't seem bloated the way it sometimes does after I eat.

Wish me luck with the rest of my adventure and I'll let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Erika! Came across this from facebook...Let us know how the detox goes! I wanted to do one really badly but decided on The Best Life Diet! Good Luck :D

    ReplyDelete