Sunday, December 25, 2011

Wise Men Still Seek Him


I've always slightly envied my Catholic friends for midnight mass. That's why I loved that Christmas fell on a Sunday this year. I loved that celebrating the birth of the savior came before the Christmas presents and cinnamon rolls and feast. Today's speakers were all asked to talk about what Christmas means to their family. The two adult speakers asked their children and were met with the response "presents!" They joked about the answer and then went on to talk about what they think Christmas really means.

But I think the kids were on to something. Christmas IS about presents. Christmas is about the gift of his son that our Heavenly Father gave to us. A priceless gift. A miraculous gift. A gift given out of love.

And Christmas is about the presents we get each other. It's about a time when people (a lot of people) stop thinking about themselves and think about the needs and wants of those they love.

These gifts are all a manifestation of love. That's what Christmas is about to me - the strong feeling of love that I feel, especially this year. I am thankful for my Savior and his love for me, and for the endless love my father in heaven gives me to me. I am thankful to be surrounded by so many loved ones that fill my life with joy.

May your holidays be filled with joy and love as well. Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment