Thursday, August 12, 2010

An Ode to Liz

This is Liz.

Isn't she cute?

She and I moved in together in January 2009. I didn't know her at all at the time (Sister T. from the Institute hooked us up) and little did I know that she would become one of my dearest friends.

She's the eternal optimist, truly kind-hearted with love for everyone, beautiful and modest, hardworking and intelligent, sweet and incredibly funny.


And today, Miss Elizabeth Lee Spring was called to serve a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in Cleveland, Ohio!!!

I am indescribably happy for her. I have heard her speak of her conversion many times and felt the strength of her beautiful testimony. She will be a wonderful missionary and touch many people's lives as she is able to share that testimony with others.

I'll be sad to see her go, but happy for what a blessing this will be in her life. At least I get to keep her til Oct. 29! Oh my... what will Oliver do? He will be devastated for a year and a half - Liz is his second-favorite person (after Oma, of course).

Liz, we (Hans, Me, and puppies!) love you so, so much and we're so proud of you and excited for your new adventure. Congratulations!!

No comments:

Post a Comment