Tuesday, May 11, 2010

"You only made two of these?"

At the Alamo Drafthouse last weekend I tried a wonderful pizza topped with goat cheese and sun dried tomatoes, among other things. I have always been a fan of both of these things, but hadn't tried them together before.

After the very yummy pizza, I looked on foodnetwork.com for other recipes combining goat cheese and sun dried tomatoes.

Today I tried this one and was pleasantly surprised at how quick and easy it was. I had to go to Central Market for ingredients - it calls for boneless, skin on chicken and my local HEB doesn't carry that. I asked at the meat counter at CM and they were able to pull some out of the back for me. Excellent. They also had a nice selection of sun-dried tomatoes at CM.

You pull the skin back off the chicken and put the goat cheese and tomatoes right up against the meat. Then you stretch the skin back over everything, trying to cover as much of the meat as possible. You rub each piece with some olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. In hindsight, I might try doing the season before adding all the cheese and sun-dried tomatoes. Then, you just bake for 35-40 minutes at 375 and voila!

I didn't get a chance to taste it before I dashed off to work. Normally, Hans isn't too adventurous with food, so I wasn't sure how he'd feel about this recipe. But I'm sitting at my desk and get this text message saying "You only made two of these?!?! This is wonderful!"

I think he likes it. I have to say, I gobbled it down pretty quickly myself. The combination of the tomatoes and cheese was wonderful and having the skin stretched around the chicken during baking really kept a lot of moisture in. I like that it tasted fancy, but was incredibly quick and easy. And if Hans likes it, it's a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment