Thursday, November 15, 2012

Planning Day

I love lists. Hans makes so much fun of me for this, but whatever. I love lists. I make them on notepads at work. On scrap paper on the kitchen counter. In my notebook during church. I often feel like I'm being pulled in about ten different directions at once and want to make sure I'm not forgetting anything. If I don't write it down when I think about it, I WILL forget it.

And it's that time of year when there's a lot to keep track of! Throw in an impending baby, and I'm feeling more than a little scattered these days.

So yesterday was my "I'm going to get organized" day. I used free printables I found off Pinterest and blogs I read and will include the links if you'd like to get organized, too.

Our home message center, which may need an overhaul in 2013:
We've got our ongoing to-do list, separated into general errands/to-do, stuff for baby, and house/crafty stuff. (Buttoned Up Laundry List of To-Dos)
We've got a Christmas planner list to write down gift ideas, where to get them, and keep track of our progress. (Ellinee Christmas gift planner)
And We've got a Thanksgiving meal planner with what dishes, a time table for when to prepare them, and what I need to buy for dinner. (TipJunkie Thanksgiving menu plan)
And for good measure I threw in recipe cards - our T-day recipes come from all over (BHG, Pioneer Woman, Williams and Sonoma, Recipes.com and I always pull them all open on my laptop in a big mess of tabs everything Thanksgiving. I figured now I can just pull these out every year and go). (Food Art Party Thanksgiving Recipe cards)
How's your planning going? Any magic tips to help stay organized at this time of year?

1 comment:

  1. DH and I still tend to operate as seperate entities. He has his calendar and lists, and I have mine. We will synch operations when important or hectic tasks arise, but that's about it. Even with gifts the strategy is, "You shop for your family. I'll shop for mine. Unless you get a list of what you want for your family together, and then I'll pick up the items while I'm out."

    ReplyDelete