Sunday, November 18, 2012

10 years

The cute boy from the band bus asked me out on a date (after several weeks of not-so-subtle flirting... come on already!). We went to one of my favorite restaurants, Skeeters, and then we went to the movies to see Sweet Home Alabama. It wasn't anything particularly special, but it will certainly go down in history as the best first date ever.

Yesterday, we celebrated the 10 year anniversary of that first date. I'm pretty sure that when we sat in that theater, neither one of us imagined that 10 years later, we'd be married, have two dogs, a house in Austin, Texas, and a baby on the way.

We had a perfect day of celebrating. I woke up to some beautiful roses and I gave Hans this framed print for his office (it has all our important dates!). We went to Home Depot where we bought each other a spontaneous anniversary gift (we were NOT planning on doing this, but those Pre-Black Friday deals are too good to pass up!). Then we went to bum around the Domain, checking out the tree and the new H&M. We finished the day with dinner at our favorite - PF Changs - and a trip to the Alamo to see Skyfall. Because it wouldn't be our anniversary without dinner and a movie.






It's been a wonderful, blessed 10 years and I'm so lucky to be married to my very best friend. I'm looking forward to the next ten years, and the next ten years, and all the many more to come.

1 comment:

  1. This is cute. I have never heard your story and now I got to hear a little bit of it. How fun. Glad you guys took time to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete