Tuesday, November 27, 2012

27 weeks



How Far Along: 27 weeks
Size of the Baby: Cauliflower, 14.5 inches, 2 lbs
Weight gain/loss:  We'll find out on Thursday
Sleep: getting rough. I'm feeling tired all the time but I can't get comfortable so I wake up often. I often wake up on my back and that worries me, even though the doctor said it's ok. I keep trying to wedge a pillow under me to keep from rolling on my back, but it only works maybe half the time.
Best Moment of the Week: This week was amazing. Thanksgiving was amazing. Rob and Danielle's sealing was amazing. Having our new appliances installed. Getting our Christmas tree and putting up decorations - all amazing!

Movement: Oh, so much. Still. Sometimes I beg baby to settle down a little at bedtime because it hurts. I've started doing the kick counter thing on my phone (because I'm supposed to track those) but I don't really feel like I need to. You're supposed to start the tracker and see how long it takes to get to 10 kicks. If you don't have 10 in a two-hour window, you should call the doctor. It's never taken me longer than 20 minutes. Mostly it's 4-5 minutes.
Symptoms: I think they're all coming back - nausea, fatigue, heartburn. Blah. The second trimester was such a nice reprieve. And a new one - I'm getting these horrible rashes/dry patches. My hands are in pain, cracking and bleeding. I slather lotion on them several times a day, but I can't keep up! It's miserable.
Food Cravings: Sadly, none come to mind. In fact, I even seem to have lost my craving for milk!
Gender: Several times this week (including two yesterday alone!) I had total strangers tell me it's a girl. Last night we were standing in Walgreens getting some Christmas lights when this older lady (a sassy black woman with 10-inch, crazy-painted nails) looks at me and goes "oooooh, honey, how you feelin'?" followed by "Is it a boy or a girl?" and then after hearing it's a surprise she nods sagely and confirms "Oh, it's a girl."
Belly Button in or out: In, but I keep thinking it can't be for much longer!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Yes. Leftover turkey. All the grossness that was under the old oven and dishwasher. Car rides. Various food smells.
Labor Signs: None
Wedding ring on or off: On
What I miss: Being able to wash my face in the morning/at night without my stomach getting soaked. I'm having a hard time leaning over the sink (it's in the way!) and so I end up getting completely wet.
What I am looking forward to: Kind of looking forward to my doctor's appointment this week - love getting an update on LO's progress and hearing the heartbeat, but NOT looking forward to that nasty glucose test. Send good luck thoughts my way, please!
Nursery: We found a great deal on a nightstand during Black Friday so now we have all the major furniture in the room. All painting and molding is done! So we're ready to start decorating.
Emotions: Very emotional. I cried so much Saturday (mostly at the temple) that I had a headache on Sunday. I also started crying during the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade, though I can't figure out why! Today I'm feeling pretty irritable... everything annoys me. You've been given fair warning.
Stupid things I have done: Nothing major. I found some dishes in the wrong cabinet the other day so I think I put things in wrong places when I unloaded the dishwasher, but nothing like finding my phone in the fridge or anything. I also can't seem to remember if I shut the garage door when I left the house this morning....

2 comments:

  1. When it's no longer ok to sleep on your back you will find it hurts to sleep on your back. Don't stress of it.

    I'm sending you good luck thoughts for the glucose test! Glucose tests are misery.

    Just contact me if you ever want your garage door checked :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK how cute is your dress! What the heck- cute maternity clothes! I love it!
    So not excited for you on the glucose part. haha sorry hun.
    Counting down the days until I see you and that cute little basketball! YAYY!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete