Sunday, September 9, 2012

15 Weeks


How Far Along: 15 weeks, 5 days
Size of the Baby: navel orange, 4 inches, 2.5 ounces
Weight gain/loss: I'm not sure where I started, but I think 6-7 pounds in the first trimester
Sleep: Not NEARLY as tired as I was in the first trimester! Sleeping well and feeling energized, for a change. Aside from going to the bathroom 4-5 times a night :)
Best Moment of the Week: Hearing the baby's heartbeat for the first time!! Amazing. Everyone said I would cry, but I didn't. I just felt like I was on this amazing high. The heartbeat was high 140s and sounded strong - the nurse had no trouble finding it. I love that little sound!


Movement: None yet. I thought I was feeling something, but my doctor said it was just air bubbles. That's not nearly as cute and fun as baby movement.
Symptoms: Have gone down a ton since last week. A little queasy, still breaking out, minor heartburn, but not nearly as bad.
Food Cravings: totinos pizza rolls (and was really upset when I didn't get them), a chocolate chip cookie, orange juice
Gender: Still solidly on Team Green! But ALL the old wives tales are pointing toward girl and we both have gut feelings that it's a girl.
Belly Button in or out:  In
Anything making you qeasy or sick:  My coworker orders this salad from panera and whatever the dressing is makes me feel queasy. Still not a fan of chicken, lemon, or garlic.
Labor Signs: Umm... no? I don't want to answer this question for the next 5 months, at least.
Wedding ring on or off: Still on, surprisingly! Hope that lasts a while longer.
What I miss: Being able to work out like I used to. I was finally able to hit the gym normally this week (four days!) but some days all I could do was a slow walk on the treadmill. At least I'm finally over my "morning" sickness (read: night sickness) enough to go back at all.
What I am looking forward to: Working on the nursery, already excited about our anatomical scan in four weeks
Nursery: Progress! We tore down the cheapy and ripped up beadboard that was on the walls and starting putting sheetrock compound on the damaged walls. We picked out paint colors and picked up a dresser at Ikea to use as a changing table. Several weeks ago we nabbed a beautiful glider and ottoman on craigslist for super cheap (Loooove the craigslist)
Emotions:  Super anxious for the first part of the week. I always feel that way right before an appointment. Hans says it's like a midterm - you know everything went well, but you still have that nagging "what if" feeling. And then I've been incredible happy since the appointment. Very content. I cried a couple times earlier this week - once in Ikea (not sure why... think I was happy?) and once when we had dinner with friends on Monday (something they said... can't remember what). Oh and I cried at church when Jim told me his dog got bitten by a snake. Come on, Jim! You have been through three pregnancies... you know you can't tell a pregnant woman something like that.
Stupid things I have done: I just forget words a lot. Or I can't remember what it is I was going to say. Just forgetful! I also ate frosted mini wheats right before my doctors appointment so my urine test showed "too much sugar." oops!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this so much. You look beautiful! And what belly!? oh my gosh. It's tiny.

    ReplyDelete