Tuesday, February 12, 2013

38 weeks



How Far Along: 38 weeks, 2 days
Size of the Baby: Pumpkin, 19.5 inches, 6.8 lbs
Weight gain/loss: I've lost track, but I think it was about 1.5 lbs
Sleep: I'm so tired. All I want to do is sleep. But I don't think I'm sleeping well.
Best Moment of the Week: We had a busy and great weekend! Friday we went to my cousin's high school production of "Hair Spray" and it was AMAZING! I swear... I didn't know how high school productions could be that good. So proud of her. Saturday my lovely friend Alissa came over to help clean the house - thank you, thank you! Then we had a double date for yummy Korean food with Danielle and Rob and then spent the rest of the evening with Jenn, Jared, and Andrew. It was a full weekend full of the people we love and we feel so blessed to have so many wonderful people in our lives.

My Friday appointment went much better than the week before. Baby is measuring on track and had a heart beat in the high 160s - it's never gone about the 140s before. Doc says baby was just being particularly active (surprise, surprise). I actually passed the sugar and while my BP was slightly elevated, it didn't set off any warning bells like it did before. All in all, it was an uneventful appointment, which is what I want at this point.

Yesterday was probably the best day in a while. We decided to celebrate 38 weeks. Even though 37 weeks is technically full term, we felt like 38 was that mile marker of "ok, baby, you can come any time now." We celebrated by getting pedicures (do I have the best husband or what?) The foot massage was glorious. And much needed. Then we went to Chuy's. It was a wonderfully relaxing way to celebrate. And now that my toesies look pretty, baby's allowed to come.

Movement: Still plenty! I thought it was supposed to slow down near the end.... when does that happen? Because it's not.
Symptoms: Cannot believe how swollen I am. My feet and ankles look like the Michelin Man. It hurts to bend my toes. I thought the massage therapist was going to pop my foot when he was working on it! On the plus side, no more heartburn or nausea!
Food Cravings: cereal. poptarts. milk.
Gender: The official votes are in - a little more than 60 percent of you think it's a girl, a little less than 40 percent a boy. Something interesting we noticed within the past week or two: Up until this point, every time I've talked to a stranger about the baby, they always told me "oh, it's definitely a girl." Within the past week, that changed and now every stranger says "oh, i'm sure it's a boy." I was thinking it's because the baby dropped, which the doc confirmed at my last appointment. It's funny how that affects what people say!
Belly Button in or out: I'm gonna say it's not out yet... but it's so dang close.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope
Labor Signs: I am 2.5-3 cm dilated and 60% effaced. I'm having some contractions, but they're pretty irregular, mostly about an hour a part and not very strong.
Wedding ring on or off: Oh, how I miss my real ring. This one makes a funny noise, like it's rattling around in its prongs.
What I miss: My ankles. Being able to move. Sleep. Not being miserable.
What I am looking forward to: Valentines Day :) I am really cherishing all the time we get to spend alone together before baby comes.
Nursery: Made some slow progress. We've figured out what to do with the curtains, just need to finish them. I've started the mobile, but it intimidates me so I keep procrastinating finishing it. That's about all we have left though!
Emotions: Mostly just exhausted. I feel a lot more at peace this week than I did last week. Something about changing from 37 weeks to 38 weeks (and the BP scare of a couple weeks ago) just put me more in a mindset of being prepared for this to happen any day. I mean, I'm still scared of the delivery, but more accepting that it's coming.
Stupid things I have done: Nothing. I'm too tired to really do anything, much less anything stupid.

1 comment:

  1. I cannot believe you are 38 weeks! That FLEW by for me. Ha! Cute updates, so excited for u.

    ReplyDelete