Monday, February 4, 2013

37 weeks

(dude, is it just me or is this twice as big as last week??)
How Far Along: 37 weeks
Size of the Baby: Swiss Chard, 19 inches, 6.5 lbs
Weight gain/loss: Didn't get a good look at the scale, but I'm pretty sure it says I haven't gained anything. Maybe that's just cuz I cut off 2 feet of hair since my last appointment!
Sleep:  It has gotten so bad. I'm so miserable. I wake up about every 30 minutes to an hour, mostly in pain. I'm having horrible back pain in my lower back (this is new). I'll get down on my hands and knees and do yoga cat pose, or I'll kneel by the bed with my weight in my arms/shoulders and rock back and forth and that'll help me get back to sleep, but it happens a couple times a night and it's miserable.
Best Moment of the Week: It's been a rough week - the good moments were very good, but the bad moments were pretty bad. Thursday we watched our fourth and final roomie-boy get married and that was so wonderful. We love Ali and think that she and Edgar are a match made in heaven. I survived the ride to the temple just fine and made it through the sealing and photos without getting too swollen. I didn't make it all the way through the reception, but did last through dinner and toasts and stuff, so that was great. We are so happy for them.

Then Friday was not a great day. I don't know if it's because we were out on Thursday and I got behind  at work or if I just have *that much* on my work to-do list (which, I AM trying to get a ton done before this baby pops out) but I was feeling super stressed and tense. I looked up and realized I was late to my weekly doctor's appointment, so I rushed over there. It was supposed to be just a vitals check, but after taking my vitals they came back concerned. Apparently my blood pressure was quite high and I was showing sugar in my urine (but no protein). Doc says she's concerned I may have preeclampsia and they have to run a bunch of tests and it's possible I may have to come back that night and deliver. I did not head into Friday thinking "Hey, I might have a baby tonight!" They took a bunch of tests and told me they'd call me before the end of the day. They also did a couple other tests (GBS - not comfy) and did my first cervical exam (ow). By the time I left the doctor I'd been thoroughly poked and prodded and was worried out of my mind. I went back to work just because I knew if I went home I'd sit there and worry until they called. They didn't call til 7 and told me that the tests results were fine, I just need to reduce stress (well then don't tell me I may have to have a baby today!) In any event, I was an emotional wreck by Friday night and it was not really a day I want to remember.

Movement: I think baby is finally running out of room, so the movement feels different. It may have lessened a little, but it's hard to say. Now the movement feels big and slow... not so many quick jabs and pangs. Yesterday, we could feel something hard and round that kept moving around my belly button. We think it was a boney behind or maybe a knee. We could track it all day because it was just sticking out!
Symptoms: Still incredibly swollen. Very irritable and short tempered (sorry if you've come in contact with me!) Stretch marks on my thighs :( (but knock on wood, not on my belly or chest!) Horrible back pain. Just awful.
Food Cravings: pizza and strawberry frozen yogurt
Gender: Who knows!
Belly Button in or out: Still holding steady at even with the rest of my belly.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope
Labor Signs: I am 1.5-2 cm dilated and 60% effaced. This is happening, folks.
Wedding ring on or off: It's funny how many people think my fake rock is real. This thing is ridiculous!
What I miss: Being able to roll over/get out of bed. It's gotten difficult and I truly dread it.
What I am looking forward to: Baby - any day now.
Nursery: Got the lamp! Thank you, Home Goods. Check! I ordered the hard-to-find pack n' play sheets and Hans ordered the baby monitor. Check and check! I've gotten just about everything to fill the frame gallery - just need to design one more piece and then I plan to send 'em for printing tonight, so this should be done tonight or tomorrow. Hans has been building some shelves in the closet and they just need to be painted, then that'll be done, too. I washed EVERYTHING in that room, including all bedding, the cover on the rock n'play, the changing pad cover, and I even took the covers off the glider to wash them (jeez, I never want to do that again. Those things are impossible to get on and off!) So everything is cleaned and put back together. I think all that's left is curtains (I have no idea what to do about that...), finding some baskets for the closet, and making the mobile. I'll do a full nursery post when I'm all done :)
Emotions: Anxious. Worried. Terrified. All normal at this point, I think, but again - finding it very difficult to stay positive. Lots of tears this week.
Stupid things I have done: Many, many this week. I pulled a Rachel this weekend. Washing all the baby's things, there was something red in one of the loads. Let's hope this baby is a girl because now that entire load is tinted pink (lots of tears there!)

And I'm having trouble with words. Apparently, the word I am saying and the word that I am hearing/thinking are not the same. Last week I kept trying to say "Doodle" to my coworker and she says I was really saying "google." I just wasn't hearing it, no matter how many times I said it. She said I was saying google every time. I did it a couple more times this weekend, with other people, but I can't remember what words I was mixing up. It's very strange.

1 comment:

  1. Girl, I am so sorry it's been a rough week! I'd like to say it gets better, but until that baby comes, it's all around tough! But on the bright side, it's not July or August and it's not 100 decrees outside! (My due date was aug 11th....that was fun :/ )
    But seriously, I love reading your weekly updates!