Monday, March 5, 2012

Chevron corkboard

I actually completed a craft!

We recently moved into new offices for work and I've been having fun pretty-ing up my little area (more on that to come). I thought about putting up a cork board for pictures, but that's so boring. So I decided to fancy it up with a little paint!

These are 12x12 cork tiles from Michaels. With a 40% off coupon, they're less than $5. The paint was on sale for about a buck. Then you just need some painters tape, a pencil, and a yard stick.
I marked off three lines, 3 inches a part each. I randomly decided how high I wanted each stripe to angle and laid the yardstick down to mark the top of each zig (or is it zag?). I taped the first line. Then I laid the yardstick flush against the line I had just taped in order to mark where the next taped line should go - that means that each purple stripe is a yardstick wide. It took a while to get all the taping down.
Then the painting went quickly. Just use a yardstick to keep your stripes the same width - I actually did one prior to these two and just kind of eyeballed it - it didn't work too well :) The end!

No comments:

Post a Comment