Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Freezer Meal Update

You may remember that about a week ago, I cooked three weeks worth of meals and stuck 'em in the freezer. It's been going really well - everything tastes great, there are less dishes to worry about, and it's made our weeknights a lot less stressful.

Last night, we had our first mishap. It was supposed to be chicken pot pie night. Hans and I both love chicken pot pie and have been looking forward to it. I pulled the tin foil wrapped pie out of the freezer in the morning to let it defrost during the day. When we got home, I popped it straight in the oven for 45 minutes. When I took off the foil later..... I realized that underneath the foil, I'd also wrapped it tightly in plastic wrap to discourage freezer burn.....

We had pizza for dinner last night.

1 comment:

  1. In good news, you staved off the freezer burn.

    I think that was a well-earned pizza.

    ReplyDelete