Thursday, January 13, 2011

If you dare

Here's something to try for breakfast, if you're looking for something new. I was aiming for something healthy and stumbled across this - such a pretty color! The banana does a pretty good job of masking the spinach/kale's earthy taste. But it's extremely overpowering and if I haven't mentioned before... I don't like bananas. No, I HATE them. With a violent passion. But I was willing to give it a try. I *almost* liked this. I could taste the almond, honey and pear and that combo was pretty yummy. Maybe I can sub the banana out for peaches or something else and that would make this pretty great. Gimme a try and let me know what you think!

Ingredients
1 heaping cup spinach leaves
1 heaping cup chopped kale leaves
1/2 pear
1 frozen banana
1 1/2 cups cold almond milk
1 tablespoon honey

Rip kale and spinach leaves off center stalk and tear into small pieces. Combine in a blender until no large bits remain. Add banana, honey and pear and blend until smooth. Either enjoy immediately or refrigerate to keep cold. Warning: Don't drink warm - yuck!

1 comment:

  1. I hate kale about as much as you hate bananas. I love healthy morning drinks though! I can never make myself EAT breakfast, but drinking it -- I'm all about!

    ReplyDelete