Tuesday, November 9, 2010

ooOOOoooo, sparkly

Lately, I am loving Martha Stewart's website. I've always kind of avoided it before as unoriginal (everybody does MS stuff) but what can I say? It's cute. I came across a post for a pumpkin centerpiece and it looked so easy that not even I could mess it up. And I love it!


  1. Grab some small pumpkins from the local grocery store. These are actually pie pumpkins for about $3 each at HEB.
  2. Using a brush, apply glue to the entire pumpkin. I used Modge Podge and it worked great (love that stuff).
  3. Sprinkle fine glitter all over the pumpkin. Don't use anything but fine glitter, it looks dumb. Just sayin'. I used Martha Stewart's glitter from Michaels. It was about $4.50 a jar, but I didn't use nearly all the jar and will be able to use the rest again next year. I used three different colors, though I wish the lighter two contrasted a little more.
  4. Display them on a platter/charger/board/SOMETHING so you don't get glitter everywhere. My orange charger is from (guess where?) HomeGoods.
I don't recommend doing this project in the living room......





No comments:

Post a Comment