Monday, August 29, 2011

Sleeping Hans is a liar

Last night I was having some crazy vivid dreams. They involved some sort of cross between zombies and Invasion of the Body Snatchers. It was terrifying and felt so real and I couldn't get out of it! I even remember one point thinking - "It's just a dream. If I just walk this direction calmly and ignore the zombies, I can just walk into another dream." Needless to say, they were kind of wacky.

I heard the alarm go off at 6 for the gym and I was really struggling to get up. But then I remembered we're going to the beach this week, so it would really be better (for everyone) if I did. I rolled over and poked Hans.

"Hey, it's time to get up."
"... mmm...huh.. what?"
"It's time to get up and go to the gym."
"...[inaudible mumbling]...no, it's not."
"Yes, it is. The alarm went off."
"No, it didn't."
"... what? are you sure?"
[rolls over and picks up his phone]
"Ya. It didn't go off. It's still nighttime."
".... did I DREAM that the alarm went off??"
[chuckling a little] "I guess so."
"Oh! I'm sorry... I can't believe I did that. I'll go back to sleep."

Later my body wakes itself up as it realizes how bright it is in the room. There's no way it's still before 6. I reach over Hans' nearly comatose body and pick up the phone. 7:30. That liar. That was no dream, the alarm really did go off. I guess someone just reeeaalllly didn't want to go to the gym. He claims to have no memory of this incident. Sure.....

No comments:

Post a Comment