Monday, December 27, 2010

Gingerbread houses

Some of you may remember from last year, but every year for as long as I can remember, our family has decorated gingerbread houses on Christmas Eve.
Hans' house
Erika's house
Here's how purdy our houses turned out this year! I think it's a Christmas miracle that mine didn't collapse... my pieces weren't interlocking very well this year :( We've always used the same types of candy every year, so this time I decided to get some different stuff. I went to the Big Top on South Congress (if you haven't been there, it's so much fun!) and got sixlets, dark chocolate covered peanuts, peppermint nuggets, watermelon sour belts, some other sour candy I couldn't even identify, jelly beans, red hots and who knows what else. It was a little pricier than usual, but at least we're actually eating the stuff instead of just throwing it away.
Hans' snowman before he face planted. He kinda looks like a Russian, alien bug.


Hans added a hot tub (with a slide) ..... I don't even know what to say about that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment