Thursday, February 25, 2010

DIY cards

I'm a bit behind here, but finally get around to posting the Valentine's Day cards that I made for my primary class. They were really easy and turned out so cute!



Here's what you need:
- 12x12 textured, colored cardstock
- Embossing thread
- Lightweight fabric scraps
- a large, blunt sewing needle
- scissors

Cut each of the pieces of cardstock in half. Fold each piece in half to make the card.
Cut yourself a heart-shaped template that you like. Trace it onto the card and then carefully cut it out.
Cut a piece of fabric that will cover the back of the hole.
I found it was easiest to punch all the holes ahead of time (using the needle) and then merely thread through the holes. When I tried to sew the fabric onto the card, the card tended to get bent and wrinkled.
Trim off an excess fabric, write a cute message, and viola!

I think you could adapt this for birthdays, anniversaries, baby showers, you name it.

Idea borrowed from the Purl Bee.

No comments:

Post a Comment