Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Easy {and delicious!} Banana Nut Muffins

For the past few days, there have been a bunch of nearly black bananas glaring at me from my kitchen counter, cursing their lack of use. I didn't want to waste them, so I figured some banana muffins were in order.

I found this recipe from Baked Bree, but some of the measurements seemed off so I did some tweaking. They came out delicious - moist, but not too sticky, and neither too sweet nor too banana-y. I think the only thing I would change would be to add a dash of cinnamon. Enjoy!
What you need:
3 very ripe bananas (the almost-black kind are perfect for this)
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup oil
1/3 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup walnuts (other nuts would probably be good too, or maybe chocolate chips?)

Mash the bananas up on a bowl. Add in the eggs, sugar, oil, buttermilk, and vanilla. Beat on low until well incorporated. Then add in the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until just blended - don't overbeat! Stir in the nuts. Separate into muffin tins (or bread pans, if you want to go that route). Bake at 350 for 15-18 minutes (45-50 for bread).

No comments:

Post a Comment